We would love you to join Anderton Park Primary school.
Nursery: An application for Nursery must be made directly to Anderton Park Primary School. Application forms are available from the school office or you can complete the form below and we will call you.
We will need to see proof of your child’s:
- date of birth and name – (either a birth certificate or a passport are acceptable forms of proof).
- proof of the address at which you live – a utility bill and benefit/tax credit statement is acceptable. You are welcome to apply for a place any time after the birth of your child, however, they will only be able to start nursery during the term following their third birthday. Places are not offered on a first come first served basis. If we cannot offer applicants a place then the Local Authority guidelines will be followed (see below).
Reception: For children starting in Reception an application must be made online at the School Admissions Page or by using the Local Authority preference form.
Years 1 to 6: If you have a child in years 1-6 you must make an application directly to Anderton Park Primary School. You can complete the form below or coolect an application form from the school office. We will need to see proof of your child’s date of birth and name - either a birth certificate or a passport are acceptable forms of proof. We will also need proof of the address at which you live – a utility bill and benefit/tax credit statement is acceptable.
The current PAN (Pupil Admission Number) for Anderton Park Primary School is 96 per year group in Key stage 2, 90 per year in Key stage 1. If there are no spaces in your child’s year group at Anderton Park Primary School then they will be added to the school’s waiting list. Children are added to the waiting list in the following priority order:
- A child is in the care of the Local Authority (LAC).
- Siblings of the child already attend Anderton Park Primary School.
- Distance from Anderton Park Primary School to your home address.
Please note that the waiting list is subject to change when we receive new applications. This means that your child can be moved down the waiting list if other applicants better meet the criteria as detailed above. You can also go up the waiting list if a sibling is admitted into the school.
If an In Year application is successful to Anderton Park Primary School and you are offered a place for your child, we would invite you, as part of the admissions process, to meet with us. At this meeting you will be shown your child’s classroom and will meet their class teacher.
The induction meeting is also an opportunity for you to find out more about what topics your child will be studying, how the school day runs and to get information about the school uniform and school meals. It is also an opportunity for us to get to know you and your child including any needs they may have.
We ask where possible that you bring your child to the induction meeting so that they get to meet their new teacher and see their classroom.
For further information about School Admissions and the Pupil Placement Service, and applying for a place at school, please contact the School Admissions team on 0121 303 1888 or visit the School Admissions Page on Birmingham City Council's website.