Update 1st June
The governors met on Friday to discuss the report by the Independent SAGE group about the safety aspects of more children returning to school.
We decided that children will not come back to school until the week beginning the 15th of June
- Year 6 will come back first on Monday 15th June.
- Year 1 will come back Thursday 18th June
- Reception will come back Monday 22nd June
The report outlined many aspects of safety from a scientific point of view, all of which were relevant to all of us at Anderton Park. The most important aspects of this report were as follows:
- We have a high number of BAME children families and staff and whilst the infection rate is no higher for BAME people, when infection has taken hold the death rate is higher.
- Intergenerational housing, many of our children live with in their house with their parents and grandparents, children could carry the virus and pass it onto their grandparents putting them at risk.
I hope that the governors decision to postpone children coming in until the 15th has alleviated some of your concerns. It has been a very difficult time for all of us particularly because everyone at Anderton Park belongs in school with children; that is the passion we all have for education.
Over the next two weeks staff will be in school preparing for the changes we need to make; home learning will continue with work on the school jotter website and we will contact you parents of Year 6, Year 1 and Reception to see how you are feeling about sending your child back to school.
Update 21st May
We will continue to update this page of the website when we finalise our arrangements with school staff and the governing body. We will only re-open the school to pupils in Y6, Y1 and Reception when it is deemed safe to do so - your children, your family and our staff are too precious to open unless it has been deemed safe.
Councillor Ian Ward, Leader of Birmingham City Council has shared the letter below regarding the re-opening of schools in Birmingham. Please read it.
22nd May 2020
Please read the letter below regarding new information on the return to school plan.