PE & Sport Grant Allocation
What is Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Our schools will be held to account for how we spend the sport funding. Ofsted has strengthened its coverage of sport and PE within the Inspectors’ Handbook and supporting guidance, so that schools and inspectors know how sport and PE will be assessed in future as part of the school’s overall provision offered.
The sport funding has been given for academic year 2013/14. The total for 2013/2014 is £6596; £9.29 per pupil.
As a school we already provide a high quality Physical Education and Sport program, and our intention is that this funding will further enhance the existing provision in school.
That the funds will enable us to:
1. To employ a Specialist Teacher (Gymnastics based coach) – Spring and Summer Term to develop the gross physical skills with our children and improve the capacity of our teaching staff to teach high quality gymnastics; which in turn supports our previous investment in Gymnastics equipment within our halls.
2. Purchase extra equipment to further increase pupils’ exposure to the health benefits of the equipment and increased usage within our lessons. Therefore further embed our development objectives.
3. Finance training for Our ‘Knowledge and Understanding of the World’ working Group to further build on our program aimed at expanding our staff P. E. expertise continuing to raise the quality of P.E. for our children.
- Sports Premium 2016 / 2017
- Sports Premium 2015 / 2016
- Sports Premium 2014 / 2015
- Sports Premium 2013 / 2014
Sport Premium Grant expenditure Report to Governors/Parents: Final Year 2013/14
Overview of the School Action Plan (Number of pupils and Sports Grant (SPG) received)
Total number of pupils on roll (2013/14 – 2014/15): 710
Base Allocation: £6596 pa
Amount of Premium received per pupil: £9.29
Total amount of Premium received: £6596
Nature of support Academic Year 2013/14
Gymnastic Coaching – After School (Yr3/4/5) – £41 per Hour for 18 weeks (Spring 2, summer 1 and 2 academic terms). (£996.00 including additional specialist equipment (£258)). To be reviewed by next School Year.
Training for ‘Knowledge and Understanding of the World’ Group to be confirmed. (£1500).
Purchase of Boxercise equipment to increase more participation and teaching by more staff. ( £2000) linked the training see (2)
Multi-Sports Day – £1100 – 29th June 2014 (Proposed date in partnership with the Parent Partnership Association (PTA).
Cooking Club promoting a ’healthy lifestyle’ – introduction to healthy cooking for fitness. (Hot and Cold) – £1000