Anderton Park Equality Charter
- In our school everyone is equal.
- We treat everyone equally and fairly & challenge inequality & stereotypes
- We cannot sparkle if we are not equal
- We use positive, kind language to and about each other
- We do not use the language of hate
- We celebrate and protect differences
- We fully uphold and believe in the Equality Act 2010 and do not discriminate against anyone because of gender, race and nationality, age, disability, sexual orientation (and gender identity, LGBT+) , pregnancy, religion or beliefs or marital status
- We actively promote equality and foster good relationships between people who share a characteristic and those who don’t
- We always challenge views or comments that are unacceptable.
- Everyone is special. Everyone is welcome. Everyone is different.
We love Fundamental British values
- By law this means we as staff, children, governors and families need to understand:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
- Our favourite law is the Equality Law 2010. We love it!
- Girls are equal to boys. Gay people are equal to straight people. Disabled people are equal to able bodied people. Jewish people are equal to Sikhs, Muslims, Christians and people with no religion. You get the idea. This is so important.
- We expect everyone to challenge any language or behaviour that is unequal.
- We do not allow ‘like a girl’ to be used as an insult, just as we would not allow ‘gay’ or ‘black’ to be used as an insult. Boys play with dolls, dress up, girls are builders, pink is not for girls. Thus, we help students develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence, to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England.
- We encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely. We teach children they have choices. We reward what we value.
- We will promote harmony & understanding between those with different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures.
- Watch ‘Like a Girl’, ‘Children See Children Do’, ‘Love has no labels’ regularly to remember why this is important.
See below for our Equality Achievement Information 2018