A Brief History Of Anderton Park School
Dennis Road School first opened in 1896. It consisted of a Lower and Upper Section. The Lower school opened on June 1st 1896. Fanny Marle was the Head Teacher and 322 scholars were admitted. The Upper school opened on 8th June 1896 and the Head Teacher was William White and 456 scholars registered. The average class had 60 pupils.
In 1939 the school was re-organised and part of the school became a Senior Boys School while the lower school became a Junior and Infant School combined.
In 1963 the Senior Boys School transferred to Sparkhill Commercial School and the school became a Primary School, classes on average now had 36 children in them. It became one of the largest primary schools in the country with 900 children on roll. The Nursery unit opened in 1978.
The school celebrated its centenary in 1996. In 2005 the Annexe was demolished and a new Reception Unit was built as well as a New Sports Hall.